Any vehicle purchased in Canada is subject to a Canadian HST or GST tax. Vehicles purchased in the province of Ontario (this includes Copart locations in London and Toronto) will be subject to a 13% HST tax.
Vehicles purchased in the province of Alberta (this includes Copart locations in Calgary and Edmonton) will be subject to a 5% GST tax. Canadian taxes are calculated based on the final bid price and Copart’s auction fees. No Canadian taxes are charged on AutoBidMaster’s transaction fees.
Articles in this section
- When is my payment due? Is there a penalty for late payment?
- How do I pay for a vehicle once I've won it?
- How do I check the status of my payment?
- How do I make a bank wire transfer?
- How long will it take for AutoBidMaster to receive my payment?
- If I don't win a vehicle, do I have to pay anything?
- What taxes and fees am I responsible for if I purchase a car in Canada?
- What fees must I pay in addition to the final price of the vehicle?
- My invoice shows that AutoBidMaster received a lesser amount than the wire I sent. Why?