Any vehicle purchased in Canada is subject to a Canadian HST or GST tax. Vehicles purchased in the province of Ontario (this includes Copart locations in London and Toronto) will be subject to a 13% HST tax.
Vehicles purchased in the province of Alberta (this includes Copart locations in Calgary and Edmonton) will be subject to a 5% GST tax. Canadian taxes are calculated based on the final bid price and Copart’s auction fees. No Canadian taxes are charged on AutoBidMaster’s transaction fees.
Have more questions? Submit a request
Articles in this section
- How do I pay for a vehicle once I've won it?
- How do I check the status of my payment?
- Do I have to pay sales tax for purchase in Florida?
- What will my total be?
- If I win the vehicle auction, do I pay my maximum bid amount?
- If I win a vehicle, when is my payment due?
- What payment methods are available for international customers?
- How do I make a bank wire transfer?
- Is there a penalty for late payment?
- Who do I pay when I win an auction?