If a bidder's current bid matches that of the high bidder, but they have not been notified that they have won the auction, it is likely another bidder bid the same amount, resulting in a tie. This happens when a Preliminary bid and a Live Auction bid are identical. It is Copart policy to award the sale to the Live Auction bidder.
Articles in this section
- What is a Live Auction?
- What is preliminary bidding?
- What is Bid4U?
- What are the “Sales Status” types?
- Why can’t I place bids in Live Auctions for vehicles in Kansas, Wisconsin, or on an item with Biohazard damage?
- What is a “Future Sale”?
- What does "You have exceeded your Buyer Power" mean?
- What does the Bid Increment option do?
- I had the high bid, how did I lose?
- Why is there no “Sales Date” on the lot page?