If two identical high bids are received, Copart's Bid4U system offers an option named Bid Increment. Using the Bid Increment option, the bidder can place their preliminary bid and in the event of a tie, Bid4U will bid one more additional increment over the bidders maximum bid to break the tie. If a bidder is outbid in an amount that exceeds their maximum bid, they will receive an email.
Have more questions? Submit a request
Articles in this section
- What is a Live Auction?
- What is preliminary bidding?
- What is Bid4U?
- What are the “Sales Status” types?
- Can I bid in California?
- Why can’t I place bids in Live Auctions for vehicles in Kansas, Wisconsin, or on an item with Biohazard damage?
- What is a “Future Sale”?
- What does "You have exceeded your Buyer Power" mean?
- What does the Bid Increment option do?
- I had the high bid, how did I lose?