When a bidder receives this message, it indicates the bidder has exceeded their current Buyer Power. The bidder must increase their security deposit if they would like to continue bidding.
There must be a minimum Buyer Power of $400 or 10% of the desired maximum bid. To increase their Buyer Power, a bidder must login and navigate to the Buyer Power tab in the main navigation.
Articles in this section
- What is a Live Auction?
- What is preliminary bidding?
- What is Bid4U?
- What are the “Sales Status” types?
- Can I bid in California?
- Why can’t I place bids in Live Auctions for vehicles in Kansas, Wisconsin, or on an item with Biohazard damage?
- What is a “Future Sale”?
- What does "You have exceeded your Buyer Power" mean?
- What does the Bid Increment option do?
- I had the high bid, how did I lose?